Startup Investment Analyst 🇪🇪🇱🇻🇱🇹🇵🇱
Want your job to have a purpose & meaning? Then look towards Sunly and join the fastest growing renewable energy company in the Baltics & Poland.
In Sunly, we make solar and wind parks happen together with communities and landowners. In addition, we invest in world changing electrification startups.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A STARTUP INVESTMENT ANALYST
The systematic analyst to guide decision making about the startups we invest in
A typical week of a Startup Investment Analyst in Sunly starts with picking a topic in our investment field of electrification (renewable energy, storage, e-mobility and other related fields) and doing a deep dive. What technologies are being developed, what are the industry trends and where will opportunities pop up from? You will also be going through our pipeline startup investment materials for initial screenings and generating more pipeline by attending conferences & networking with founders and other investors.
When you are not generating new investments, you are supporting the existing portfolio by bridging their gaps of knowledge, asking difficult questions and keeping a keen eye on their financial and technical metrics & developments. This means going behind every number & milestone, asking questions until you truly understand. Once a quarter you will summarise the portfolio’s progress to key stakeholders by preparing quarterly reports, answering the tough questions yourself.
Our expectations to you:
- passionate about renewable energy and future technologies that mitigate climate change
- MS Office & preparation to pick up new tools in the process
- the ability to read & understand a startup’s balance sheet, P&L account
- high-level analytic skills – questioning & forming your own opinion about topics.
- the ability to learn, re-learn & teach what you have learned
- fluent in English, both written and spoken
- the ability to set & track KPIs set to startups invested in deeper knowledge & understanding of the startup landscape
- excellent communication and presentation skills.
Useful to have:
- knowledge of the electrification sector (e.g., from an engineering perspective)
- knowledge of Estonian or Latvian or Lithuanian or Polish
- opportunity to contribute to the growth of renewable energy & funding the brightest electrification startups in the progress
- the ability to say that your work matters.
- the ability to shape the future of one of the fastest growing companies in the region
- share option program to receive a piece of Sunly’s future success.
- ambitious and supportive international team
- interesting challenges and learning opportunities
- remote-friendly attitude and workplace at Sunly’s office in Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius or Krakow
- benefits supporting a healthy lifestyle and team building
- the ability to travel to numerous startup conferences in the year